Arthritis is a painful joint condition and there are millions of people are affected with it globally. It is known that 36% of the adult population in US alone is affected with some or the other kind of arthritis.
One of the most common types of arthritis is Osteoarthritis. It is also called the Degenerative Arthritis. It is largely related to the depletion of cartilage between the joints. This tends to expose joints against each other resulting in increased friction that not only causes pain but also results in inflammation in the joints.
Here are some interesting facts about osteoarthritis:
- Osteoarthritis is an inevitable part of aging and can affect any joint.
- It is the oldest discovered health problem having been found in dinosaur joints and Egyptian mummies.
- Osteoarthritis is the most widespread form of arthritis, affecting about 16 million people throughout the United States.The Arthritis Foundation estimates that some 59 million Americans - nearly 20 percent of the population - will have arthritis by the year 2020, as age catches up with the baby boomers.
- Exciting research to replace damaged cartilage is showing much promise
What Causes Osteoarthritis?
Though a lot of research is still required to find out what actually results in the depletion of cartilage, here are some of the most common factors that could be the reason behind it:
Some people might have an inherited defect in one of the genes that is responsible for producing cartilage in the body. The result is defective cartilage which leads to faster deterioration of the joints. People who are born with such abnormalities are more prone to getting osteoarthritis later in life.
Being overweight is yet another cause of osteoarthritis. Putting extra load on your joints can result in faster depletion of the cartilage and this can speed up the onset of osteoarthritis.
Being obese not only increases weight load on the joints but also result in an increased production of a hormone called leptin in the body. This is the hormone that regulates appetite. However, research has found that increased leptin levels can increase the chances of getting osteoarthritis. This is particularly true in case of obese people that have osteoarthritis in their hands even though hands do not bear any weight like your legs do.
Injury can also increase your chances of getting osteoarthritis. It has been observed that athletes who have knee-related injuries are at a greater risk of developing osteoarthritis of the knee. Similarly, people who have back injuries are more prone to getting osteoarthritis of the spine.
4. JOINT OVERUSE
This is yet another factor that can play an important role here. For instant, people who require more bending of the knee in their jobs, are at a higher risk of getting osteoarthritis of the knee.
Who Gets Osteoarthritis?
Usually, older people are more prone to developing this type of arthritis and the symptoms begin appearing mostly in the middle age. However, women over the age of 55 are more prone to developing osteoarthritis. Younger people can also get osteoarthritis but that largely happens due to injuries in various joints etc.,
Aging plays an important role here. Not just this, people who are overweight are more likely to suffer with this kind of arthritis.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis
Here are some of the common symptoms and signs of Osteoarthritis:
- Morning Stiffness - People who suffer with osteoarthritis often experience stiffness in their joints when they wake up in the morning. Not just this, sitting idle for some time can also make joints stiff. This can make movement really difficult.
- Pain and Swelling - This is yet another common symptom. Pain and swelling in the joints can make your life miserable.
- Problem in Movement - Over time, it gets harder to move joints. People experience rubbing, crackling or grating sounds when moving joints.
- Inflammation - Inflammation is yet another symptom of osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is treated with a mix of lifestyle changes, exercise and medicines etc., Though there is no known cure for osteoarthritis, its symptoms can be controlled. Usually doctors tend to advice exercise, weight controls, NSAIDs, rest and better joint care to prevent further damage to the joints. Surgery is also an option but it is painful and is the last last resort.
A lot of doctors prescribed pain killers and Non Steroidal Anti Inflammation Drugs but such drugs can be bad for your health over time since they can lead to a lot of side effects.
Natural Pain Relief
It is a 100% natural supplement that is made with ingredients such as reishi fungus, tongat ali and capsaicin extract. This is a supplement that is clinically proven to help reduce arthritis pain, swelling, inflammation and stiffness in the joints with NO Side Effects.
It not only reduces pain and inflammation but also helps strengthen joints and builds muscle around it so as to reduce weight load on the joints providing relief in the process. It is a non prescription formula and there is no other product like this to offer arthritis pain relief.Mail this post